Friday, May 6, 2011

Easter is about Adoption!

I've had this post idea in my head for a week or two but wasn't able to get my thoughts together until today...

There is a big difference between what our society says Easter is about, and what the Bible says Easter is about. Perhaps it is all about the money in our culture, since stores try to sell us chocolate, Easter eggs, and adorable stuffed bunnies. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Easter egg hunts and all that other fun stuff (we've done it before), but there are so many other important things that we can miss when we have our eyes mostly focused on Easter dinner, chocolate, and Easter bunnies.

Last year we did something really special, we had a Seder Passover meal on Good Friday (I know, a little late:) with some friends. This gave us all a chance to stop and remember what Jesus did for us! We enjoyed it so much we did it again this year with some of our family. (In case you are wondering, we DIDN'T have lamb, and not exactly because I won't have it - it was because my Dad won't even touch it....... so instead we had chicken:). My mom prepared a Seder plate, and my dad printed out booklets so we could follow along with the readings. I enjoyed learning about the symbolism.

Now, You are probably wondering what this has to do with adoption and baby Bing. I wanted to share this because it is because of Easter that we can all be adopted into God's family. We are all orphans without God. When Jesus died on the cross, he not only died for our sins, but He lovingly made a way for us to be adopted into His family. This is really what Easter is all about. When we become Christians and believe with all our heart that Jesus died for us, God literally adopts us so we can live with Him for eternity!

I also wanted to share this very special video called 'Children of God' I really encourage you to take a moment and watch this video! It is a beautiful song about being adopted by God!

I Love you Jesus!



By the way, the Berzenji family just got their Ontario approval! (So now they are just waiting for their final China approval.) You can read about it on their blog. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so eloquent Sharaya! I love that we become Adopted into God's family,
    Thankyou so much for all that you do in support of our family. I thank God for you , and that you are using your 'voice' to bring awareness to the children waiting to 'come home'!!!

    Love you Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete