Monday, April 18, 2011

Mother and Daughter Getaway





Hello everyone!!!

Just last weekend, my mom kidnapped me and took me on a mother and daughter getaway to an island off the west coast! (No, actually, I was looking forward to it for weeks!!) We went through the 'Passport2Purity' material that some really good friends gave to us. (Thank you Gledhills!) You basically listen to CDs and do work in the workbook. It walked me through what I'll probably face in my teenage years, what to expect, and how to get through it. I'm so glad we did that material! I'm also very excited to choose, with God's help, to live a life of purity, and to honor Him.

It was sooooo much fun! Like I said, we went to to a retreat centre on an island (which was very nicely organized by some other very close friends who volunteer there).......It worked out perfectly!!!! Aside from the material, we went out for lunch, built two Thomas Kinkade puzzles, and walked in and around the town. We loved looking in the shops, and even went to a Chocolatier (a chocolate cafe that makes their own unique and organic chocolate, yummmmmm)! Again, It was so much fun!!!!!



I am so thankful that I have parents who have taught me about God, and how to live His way. Again, I was thinking about Bing, and how he is so blessed with a Christian family that will be able to guide him throughout his life, and teach Him about God's love for him. Every child should have someone to turn to, and God intended that to be parents. Every single child is loved by God. God's design is for children to grow up in loving families. I am so glad that Bing will soon have one.



7 comments:

  1. glad you two had such a great time Shaya! Love the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwhhhh.....Your post brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds WONDERFUL!! SO glad you have such fun!

    Sharaya, I just wanted to tell you that it really encourages me to hear that you are choosing to live in purity for Him. That is one of the best choices ever...I love to hear of Christian girls choosing that, and though it is hard (believe me) it is WELL worth it, and you're not alone - so don't get discouraged!!

    Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! You are one blessed sweetie pie! I hope that you will be able to encourage my own little sweetie-pies in 5-11 years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your mom have totally inspired me to make sure we do the same with all of our Kids when the time comes! 1st Kole! So excited! But I wish you posted photos of the Chocolate Girl!!!

    God will continue to be Glorified in your Life!

    Can not wait to wrap my arms around Bing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharaya,
    I loved hearing about your weekend away. My mom and I went through the 'Passport2Purity' book last October on a weekend away. I hope you had a great time. We did when we went.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete